The problem with drug use is that using even one time can lead to a pattern of misuse and abuse. This is especially true with highly addictive drugs like cocaine.
Cocaine exerts highly intense but short-lived effects. This can result in requiring more cocaine on a more frequent basis to produce the same effects. This, in turn, can lead to increased physical and psychological dependence, leading to a full-fledged addiction.
If you are thinking about seeking help for cocaine abuse, the first step is to consider whether you have an addiction and, if so, how that condition needs to be treated. Here are the signs and symptoms that may mean you’re addicted to cocaine. If you or someone you love is experiencing these symptoms, Moonlight Mountain Recovery can provide the professional help you need to deal with the problem.
Cocaine Addiction: The Signs
The following behaviors may suggest that you have developed or are developing a dependency on cocaine:
- You must use more and more of the drug to achieve the desired effect
- You have issues controlling how much you take or cannot cut down even when trying
- If you reduce the amount you use or stop taking the drug, then you feel depressed, agitated, or restless
- You cannot stop taking it, even when realizing how damaging it is to you
- You commit a lot of time to thinking about the drug or trying to get it
- You disregard commitments to work, family, and friends in favor of doing cocaine
If you recognize these behaviors in yourself or someone close to you, professional addiction recovery can help.
How to Get Treatment for Cocaine Addiction
The first step of any type of substance abuse treatment is recognizing that you may have a problem. You have to acknowledge that an issue exists and identify a desire to fix the impact cocaine is having on your psychological and physical health, as well as the impact it may be having on your relationships, finances, and career.
Your path to recovery is your own but, at Moonlight Mountain in Pocatello, rehab for cocaine may be easier than you imagined. Our expert team can assess your needs and design a treatment plan created individually for you.
Potential treatment strategies involve:
- Medically-supervised detox – You can rid your body of cocaine and other substances in a medically-assisted and safe environment.
- Residential treatment – Moonlight Mountain Recovery has both inpatient and outpatient recovery programs available. Inpatient recovery allows us to provide 24-hour care and support to help you adopt healthier coping strategies for life without cocaine.
- Outpatient therapy – Once you’ve completed an initial treatment, ongoing services are available that can fit your schedule where you can get the support and ongoing therapy you need to stay sober and transition back to your life.
You don’t have to face the challenge of detox and addiction recovery alone. Contact Moonlight Mountain Recovery now to learn more about our Idaho drug addiction recovery programs.